|This is how they dried. See, they still look pretty cute, but the colors are so different than the wet version below.|
|The colors while they were still wet were more what I had in mind, but am still happy with the dried result above.|
I'd been looking for the perfect #1 cutter for a couple of months now and found one I really liked called Fancy 1 Cutter from Cheap Cookie Cutters.com, but they were out of stock on it and they never responded to my email regarding making a special order for that cutter, although I did get a response pretty quickly through their facebook page, but it told me to email the question. So as the time grew closer I ended up settling for a very simple #1 that didn't have a base on it that I picked up at a local bakery supply. So I cut out twice as many 1's as I needed and cut off the tops of 1/2 of them and then cut out a notch with the bottom of the cutter so that the pieces would fit snugly onto the bottoms of the simple 1's to create a base for them.
|You can see the ugly undecorated 1's in this shot and how I notched out the base to attach it to the simple #1.|